Search This Blog

Sunday, May 16, 2010

Another semester at NUS : My second

My second semester at NUS is over with results awaited on 29th (?) of May. This semester at NUS was surely my best semester, and I can even say that it will be my best until the last one - CS3216. I would cherish all the memories that I have with the awesome module and really awesome friends and great experiences. Pull in all the +ve adjectives for this module.
So this would just be my summary of my 2nd semester at NUS -

CG1102 - Data Structures and Algorithms - 5MC
This was the CG1101 next level module with C++ and data-structures, taught by Prof Colin and Uncle Soo. Interesting as we had cumulative lab assignments - building on the same stuff every lab using different variations of data structures and algorithms for sorting traversing etc. A good module to get the logic ready for higher algorithms. The other great thing about the module was its integration with CG1413. We worked in teams and the shared suffering induced some bonding. It was the first instance in NUS that we got to meet and work with our fellow CEG mates.

CG1108 - Electrical Engineering - 4MC
The modified form of EG1108 - with the uniqueness of 40% practical element and only 30% final exam. This module was taught by 3 professors - Prof JJ Cabibihan, Prof Sahoo and Mr. Panicker. The lectures were particularly interesting with practical demonstration in the lecture theatre. Every tuesday 3hr lab was also interesting which included LEGO mindstorms design challenge and a self made PIC controlled line tracking robot. Interesting as it introduced the realism of Digital Design.

CG1413 - Effective team communication - 4MC
A team work and crap english module. I personally did not like this module very much probably by the way it was taught and the so objective way of grading presentations and reports. The module was not an intelligent and worthy but I really enjoyed working in it with my team mates on the interesting topic of "Introducing Cloud Computing in NUS". Really got to learn a lot about Cloud Computing after devouring "Cloud Computing for dummies" and talking to the Cloud Computing head of NUS.

MA1506 - Mathematics 2
Crap. No interest in this one. Dont know if I will pass in this one. But I would really like to flaunt - I never ever went for a lecture, tutorial. I never saw a webcast and I dont know who my lecturer or tutor is. All this can be attributed to the other stuff that kept me busy during the semester but I do not regret it. I would be happy to get a B in this.

CS3216 - Software Development on Evolving Platforms
Eye opener for the rest of my stay at NUS. A+ boosts my CAP :) No more comments. There is a whole blog on it.

So I think this semester was an experience of a life time with a trip to Malaysia at the end of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger