Search This Blog

Friday, December 18, 2009

XML DOM!

I am trying to use XML as a back-end database as with a particular case I dont have access to MySQL or any other database tool. In Fact, I dont have admin rights on the hosting server. And the poor server just supports HTML and all client side scripting. Till now I havent found any way to write to the XML file on the server without any server side scripting and I dont think that anything for that exists :( Security Security...

So I am planning to manually edit the XML file everytime I want to make changes to it and the upload the file to the server using FTP.
But I can read the file using XMLDOM. And in the process, I made this: help sheet for XML and XMLDOM. Includes a handy DOM reference.

XML_XMLDOM

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger