Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

CS1231: True or False

I am just back from CS1231 Final exam. My first University Exam :)

CS1231: Discrete Structures (Mathematics)
My Computer Engineering course has this module pre-allocated in its 2nd Semester but due to lost battles in CORS, I had appealed for this module and had got myself a seat with the other Computing students from SoC who had it pre-allocated this Semester.
The Semester 1 CS1231 is offered by SoC and from what I have heard the Semester 2 CS1231 will be offered by Faculty of Science so it was rather a mistake to take it this sem as the SoC one turns out to be more difficult. But I was one of the unlucky 8 of Computer Engineering, who had appealed (begged) for this module. :(
But I feel that it was actually good to have taken it this semester. I will be one module ahead of my cohort in 2nd Semester and would facilitate me to take some extra modules next semester. And of course, it was good to get over with it early. :D

CS1231 was the only module that had always given jitters. All the weird symbols and the notations in it made me even dislike the subject more. The first half of the module, until recess week went totally over my head. Though I understood everything in the lectures, I could not solve much questions. It can be called lack of practice and I dont't feel ashamed to admit that. Some failed attempts to understand the questions had marred my confidence in it. My midterms grade suffered. Though my marks were just the average of the class, but amongst all the Indians here, mine were the lowest.
After the midterms, though I did not attend any more lectures, the module turned out to be manageable. Rather it seemed interesting.
I particularly liked the lecturer of this module. He is an amazing French guy with awesome class skills. He keeps walking throughout the lecture theater and even sat besides students to ask and arouse interests of the students. Though he never gave a break in the lectures, I really was amazed that my concentration did not wander.
The exam was pretty easy, but I guess the bell-curve will be awesomely high and even a small mistake would bring me down.
This pic truly depicts about the module:

True or False??

Haha! It was during a long night of killing Graphs and Trees chapter in my cluster's Kitchen in PGP. You can easily spot this over the Bin Chute!

This module has totally given a sense of logic (though i dont know if i am ever going to retain that!). But still I feel that for a Computer Engineering guy, this module can be revamped a lot. Clubbing us with SoC Computing is rather a bit tough.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger