Search This Blog

Saturday, October 31, 2009

VAIO VGN-CS36GJ

VAIO Dismantled!

Well you might be wondering what made me take such drastic step to open my VAIO (a 3 month old baby still covered under the international warranty)...
Here is my justification

1) Fan was making loud noises (It was disturbing for others and me to sit in quiet places like the library)
2) I wanted to see how a dual-core looked like
3) I wanted to see a liquid cooled gfx card (I am not sure if it is here, but I could see copper pipes, so i guess it might be.)
4) My hacker instincts guided me to the screw-driver.
5) I was jobless.

I am not putting up these on my facebook this time as my parents (who are on facebook) disapprove of my destructive behavior (I was not good to my old PC.. *evil grin*)

Here are the pics:


P8700 2.53 GHz

The main board (With heat sink and cooling fan removed)


2X2GB RAM


Copper pipes running over the processor and GFX card
Couldnt do anything to the fan.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Angad, did you manage to fix the fan issue? I'm considering VAIO S or F series :)

    ReplyDelete

Powered By Blogger