Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Module Review

I had kept this one to write after my result which came out today. It was actually Ok., not too good, not too bad. I think a CAP of 4.00 is decent. An S/U for my GEM can get me a CAP of 4.12. But considering I have to save my S/Us, I will leave it at 4.
Now here I will actually be giving justifications for my grades rather than reviewing the modules :)

Starting with MA, (the worst) it was a B. I had expected better here. Perhaps it was that that I had a cold that day and 30% of the time I was sneezing and cleaning my nose. Yeah, I was the one who sneezed 2-3 times during the exam. Circumstantial. Over with MA1505. Better luck for 1506. 1505 was a cool module. It can be managed easily after all the tutorials and past year papers. Advice: Never get sick during exams. Precaution.

PC1432 was fine too. B+. I like physics but I dont know why cant we just appreciate the beauty of the module. Why do we have to prove certain formula? I did prove all asked, but I guess I did some mishandling with the questions. Like just trying to run for the end-result. But I dont care any more for this module. I am not gonna have Physics any more now :)

CG1101- This was actually good.  A. Though I wouldnt mind an A+, but A seems fine. Perhaps the mid-term took its toll here. (16/24 was bad..). I could solve the PE and all the programming in final paper. CAP booster.

GEK1514 - B. GEM module. Unexpected can happen. No words for this.

CS1231- B+. The most dreaded module. But the exam was awesome. Lost in the mid-terms (34/58) and a group assignment.


So here was some really small rantings about my result today. Some say, 1st sem results sets your threshold in NUS. I will definitely try to bring this point down :)
 So some observations to follow for next sem:

1) Dont under-estimate the mid-terms
2) Never believe a senior
3) Maintain health during exams
4) Try and get more from the prescribed books (negotiable)
5) Take interest-wise modules as far as possible

2 comments:

  1. haha.. never believe a senior!! thats what this senior told u i guess!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. High 5 on 1231!
    I'm in pretty much the same position as you. Lets try to pull our CAPS up this sem. sure can one :D
    and yes, never believe a senior. haha

    ReplyDelete

Powered By Blogger